About this Job
Information Technology Services (ITS) supports numerous units located throughout all campuses at Rutgers New Brunswick for the Office of the Chancellor.
The role of the Student Webmaster is to perform tasks to assist in daily web operations responsible for creating and maintaining the ongoing web presence of various units within the New Brunswick Chancellor’s Office, which are running Drupal Content Management System (CMS).
This position is for the Spring 2020 academic semester. After the semester, the opportunity to continue the position is available to students who excel at its responsibilities.
- Assist in website development and maintenance
- Feature development and testing
- Theme development
- Assist in infrastructure maintenance
- Participate in mentoring/coaching more junior peers
- Creating and maintaining detailed and accurate documentation in the following
- Knowledge Base (KB) / Wiki articles
- Task tracker
- Support tickets
- Answer support inquiries from clients via email and instant messaging
- Proven experience in web site design
- Experience with a CMS configuration
- At least one year of experience with a programming or scripting language in an academic environment, personal projects, or professional experience.
- Experience with version-control technologies
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to work independently and practice self-learning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable means of transportation
- A Rutgers parking permit, if parking on-site
- Actively enrolled student status
- Ability to work a minimum of 12 hours per week
- A minimum GPA of 2.5
- Experience with Drupal CMS configuration
- Basic understanding of server stacks required by CMSs to run (i.e. LAMP, etc.)
- Basic understanding of other style sheet languages (i.e. SASS, LESS, etc.)
- Familiarity with Bootstrap framework
- Familiarity with command line interface (CLI)