This is a modified set of instructions based on the Office of Technology's documentation on Rutgers Connect for users supported by the Office of the Chancellor - New Brunswick Information Technology Services.
1. Downloading and Installing the Mobile Device Management App
Open the Google Play store. Find and install the Intune Company Portal app and enroll the device. A Google account will be required to download and install the app.
2. Configure the App
Login to the Company Portal app with the client’s “Rutgers Connect” (Office 365) account and follow the prompts to complete device enrollment, compliance check, and activation. You may be required to change the device’s passcode.
3. Configure the (default) Email App
Open up the email app on your Android device and add an account. Choose Exchange and then click Next
4. Enter your email: As firstname.lastname@example.org.
A NetID is not your first_name.last_name. The @echo.rutgers.edu is required.
5. Enter your Rutgers NetID Password
6. Scroll down the screen and enter the following information. Click Next when finished.
- Server: outlook.office365.com
- Port: 443
- Security Type : SSL/TLS
- If there is an area to enter a domain, this should be left blank.
7. The Email app will now now check your settings to make sure they are correct.
8. Press OK when asked to continue on the Remote Security Administration screen.
9. The next screen is the Account options. This is the data that you would like to sync, and how often you would like to sync this data. Click Next
10. Phone Administrator must be accepted in order to use the application.
This allows you to wipe or block your device from the OWA interface (Options->General->Mobile Devices) in case it's lost or stolen. OIT will not take any of these actions except in extreme circumstances, and will always attempt to notify you if it is necessary. Please read the operations the app is allowed to perform on your phone before accepting. Click Activate